Wednesday, October 19, 2011

My Day...

         I was busy today! Cleaning, laundry, exercising, taking care of baby. In the midst of all that I quickly put together these little overalls for Baby P. It's too hot in New Orleans for corduroy overalls, but it just doesn't feel like fall without some of those fall textures. So...I decided on a lightweight seersucker (in fall colors) for the main part of the overalls, with dark red corduroy accents. I did padded knee patches (I ironed fusible fleece on the back then "quilted them" and zig zag stitched around the edges). I did fabric covered buttons and added a little buttoned belt in the back. The pattern is based on something that P already had, I traced it out on freezer paper and lengthened the legs, etc...







P loves the buttons. I could just eat those chubby fingers.




                The topstitching isn't perfect and I wish the knee patches were about an inch higher, but I think they turned out cute and he will get a lot of wear out of them.


             I need to go find some long sleeve shirts in brown or cream for P. The white onesie isn't cutting it! He was playing so nicely here in the kitchen while I'm getting dinner ready, but I just turned around and he was eating a birthday candle.  Oh to be 16 months old and everything looks appetizing.


1 comment: