Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Update

Just wanted to pop in and tell you what I've been up to! I'm feeling very blessed to be 33 weeks along today and not in the hospital! My first baby was born at 33 weeks after 8 weeks of full bedrest in the hospital. I thank the Lord every day for my friends and family and many prayers that helped us get through that long, difficult time. Still, I've had to take it very easy the past few days and the sewing has been on hold. I am, however, doing some fun planning and online shopping to get rooms for the baby and big brother squared away. I'm focusing on P's room (that's big brother) first since I'm re-using a lot of my nursery stuff. I bought 6 yards of fabric (Woot woot) in some great colors and prints, with plans for a twin sized blanket and for accent piping/edging for sheets and curtains. Here's one of the fabrics that I ordered from Etsy. Is anyone NOT obsessed with bunting and woodland creatures these days?! I love the grays and orangey reds.



This rug for P's room came yesterday:


Love, love! If you're interested, it came from HERE. I will tell you it looks a little darker gray in real life and since it's woven cotton definitely order a thick rug pad (not just a no-slip deal). I suggest overstock.com for things of that nature, much cheaper and really great shipping prices. I was really luck and the delivery man brought both at once! 

I'll be back soon with some photos of the real thing and hopefully some tutorials on making purchased items like plain sheets and curtains really unique and personalized. Although...baby's plans and my plans don't always line up. Isn't that how life goes? Stay tuned!


1 comment:

  1. So glad you're feeling and doing well! Love that pattern

    ReplyDelete