Monday, December 3, 2012

Baby Shower and Gal's Weekend


Last weekend I helped throw a baby shower for my friend Brittany. She was my first college roommate and she's having her first baby, a boy! I'm excited, her little guy will be friends with Baby V, they will only be about 3 months apart. Here are the gals, the same group of ladies who helped with C's shower last year around this time. 


Right after the shower, we took off for girl's Christmas weekend. It was fun! We did the usual: ate a lot of great food, played cards and charades, exchanged Christmas gifts, and laughed a lot! See more photos of gals weekend HERE)



I set up the camera to take pictures automatically and it fell over...


Better...but I hate looking at pictures of myself. I'm growing my hair out and it is at such an awkward length.

Sidenote: I had a weird allergic reaction to my favorite shampoo (your body does weird things after having a baby) and my head and ears are all red and swollen. Wonderful...especially combined with the lack of sleep AND (sidenote #2)  my car was broken into while we were in church on Thanksgiving weekend. Shattered window and missing chocolate brown Longchamp, with wallet, nursing cover, lots of diapers and a handful of loose goldfish. Thanks a lot, criminal. I know without a doubt you are an Obama supporter and that makes me even more furious. In a year or so he will be taking what belongs to me and giving it to you anyway, just be patient.


On our last night, we drove up to the top of a hill to watch the sunset and drink a "sundowner"-it was a beautiful night. (Baby Sandwich!!) Overall a great girls weekend, I'm lucky to have such lovely friends.



5 comments:

  1. the pic of the camera falling over is my fav! great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great shower and weekend!(note for next year: wear make up ;)
    We'll have a triple decker baby sandwich next year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You actually make it seem so easy with your presentation but I find this topic to be really something which I think I would never understand. It seems too complicated and extremely broad for me. I’m looking forward to your next post, I will try to get the hang of it!
    cash for car brisbane
    car removal ipswich

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing. Wow, that was strange. I just wrote a really long comment but after I clicked submit my comment didn't show up. Grrrr... well, I'm not writing all that over again. Anyways, just wanted to say fantastic blog!
    top cash for cars brisbane
    cash for unwanted cars beenleigh

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing. We pay our customers instant cash up to $9,999 without any waiting time. It is our policy to not let customers wait for their money. We also provide free towing services, so customers save even more money when dealing with us. This strategy has been a great success with our customers in Queensland. Through this, we gained a lot of goodwill from our customers.
    cash for cars goldcoast
    car for cash logan

    ReplyDelete