Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Super Simple Centerpiece


I set up a little spring centerpiece this week. It was super easy and looks really simple and fresh. I bought glass milk bottles from Hobby Lobby (50% off of course) and dipped the bottoms in acrylic paint that I watered down a little. It's not completely permanent, a good soak and scrub would take it off, but it has a really neat matte finish and I haven't had any problems with the paint scratching off or rubbing onto other surfaces.

I used those small, plastic punch cups to hold the paint while dipping. (Less paint wasted since I could squeeze the cup to raise the paint level, etc...) I chose mint green, light peach and white, every bottle is a little different.


I put tulips in each bottle, longer stems in the center and shorter, single tulips on each end. 



You can line them up in a row down the center of the table or set them inside another container. I tried them in this wooden trough we had around the house. Tulips are so springlike and easy to deal with!






Happy Easter!



2 comments:

  1. So pretty and cheerful! :)

    Hope y'all have a wonderful Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! I got tulips too, but they're just sitting in a pot on my windowsill haha. Great idea :)

    ReplyDelete