Thursday, March 28, 2013

What's Easter without a tie and some gingham?!

I made a tie yesterday. 


A vivid, yellow toddler tie. It took about 10 minutes and I will definitely be making more. I used the tutorial HERE


I did two things differently. I used buttonhole elastic so that the tie would be a little more adjustable and I added some lightweight fusible interfacing--the cotton I chose was a little on the sheer side and I could see the seam allowances through the fabric.


I love it and I can't wait to put it on him for church on Easter morning. The shirt was a gift from my sister last fall (Crew Cuts) and I found the little navy blazer at Target for $14.00 (WHAAAT?! Target is awesome.) It is hard to find little boy ties, Macy's had a few really 'blegh' ones and there were none to be found at Gap or Gymboree.

I'm really excited about this great pattern and I see lots of ties in our future! If my 2 1/2 year old understood I'm sure he'd be thrilled too...






1 comment:

  1. Oooh - that is too cute! Love the colours as well. Gorgeous. xx

    ReplyDelete